Sunday, July 15, 2012

Embracing Change


Just around the corner there are many things changing, things that really affect my life. And in the midst of it all, God is working in me. Boy, is He is r-e-a-l-l-y working in me. There have been some ugly moments, definitely. But, wow, having God chip away at the things that have a hold on me, opening my eyes to things that need to change…it is a powerful thing and a really great place to be.

I have a long way to go in this journey of sanctification, becoming more and more like Christ, but I’m excited to see what God has in store. I’m excited for my friends planting a church and all that comes with that. I’m excited for my church family, for what the future holds for us and what God is doing there. I’m excited about my husband and I BOTH GRADUATING from grad school. No school for either one of us! That will be a first. Most of all, I’m excited about the opportunities that come with change.

Yes, change is scary and unpredictable at times, but it is also an exhilirating adventure! I’ve already seen people stepping out of comfort zones, serving others, spreading encouragement, and most importantly, showing the love of Christ to others, spreading the good news.

I am being broken (slowly, but surely) of the many things that I let have a fierce hold on me. I’m realizing the idols in my life and the things that really keep me from true intimacy with my Creator. I want to say with full confidence that I am a follower of God, not just a fan.  There is s-o-o much more to say on that, but I’ll save it for another day…

No comments:

Post a Comment