Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Thankful.


I’m sure I’ve said this a million times, but I’ll make it a million times + one: balancing grad school + working full-time + married life (love it!) + home-owning (condo, same thing-ish) + every other aspect of life…it can be quite the challenge.

Despite all of the mental and physical exhaustion, the frustration over missing social events, and the countless times I’ve wanted to kick technology to the curb, there are s-o-o many blessings and sweet moments that have come about as a result of choosing all of these things to balance.

I’ve learned more about myself as well as about the people around me. Right now, I am overwhelmed by the support, love, and encouragement I have received from family, friends, and co-workers. I’m blessed to say that I have people around me who will go out of their way to help me work out a realistic, doable schedule, people who will do the little things just to make me smile on a hectic day, people who will sacrifice so that I can function better, people who just plain understand and extend love and grace my way.

This process, this whole time in my life, it is humbling, without a doubt. I stress. I worry. I freak out…I know, I know, old news for anyone who knows me. But through this process I’ve grown in knowledge, experience, and skills. And I don’t just mean this in an academic sense. I’ve learned that my family is very understanding. I’ve learned that my co-workers just plain rock, that’s all there is to it. I’ve learned to not only accept help from friends, but to even ask for it (yea, it’s a slow learning process). I’ve learned to buckle down and push through. I’ve also learned to cut myself some slack from time to time.

I’m still learning...each and every day brings a new lesson, whether it is a lesson in time management, a lesson in discipline, a lesson in humility, or a lesson in the amount of blessings I have – from the people in my life or just the opportunity to pursue higher education and keep a full time job just so that I may continue enjoying a roof over my head and food in my belly. Wow, what a life I have.

Thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Inspiring :) It makes me so happy to read of your thankfulness, and very encouraged to keep my own list in mind!

    ReplyDelete